Sunday, November 15, 2009

Social Cleanse

Would you voluntarily spend a month in solitude?

I've decided to abstain from any social events for a month. This even includes one on one time with anyone. Okay, so I admit I'm not going to be in complete solitude since I hold a full time job and am friends with my roommate. But any of my time away from work is going to be spent alone. I decided to do this because I want some space to clear my head. I've been working quite a bit of overtime lately and have not been focusing my free time towards any personal aspirations. I am definitely a social and outgoing individual (that ironically enjoys a lot of alone time as well) so if something fun is going on I probably want to be there. Even if I have planned to do something goal oriented, such as working on music, if I get asked to hang out there's a large chance I'll agree and then beat myself up for it later. I need to just let myself enjoy the calmness and clarity that comes only when one spends time away from others.

1 comment:

  1. So this didn't last very long. But the reason was the one reason that I knew would keep me from going a month.

    ReplyDelete